Spatial Planning Unit
The main tasks of the Spatial Planning Unit belong to the category of managing spatial development. They include preparing the Spatial Development Plan for the Mazovian Voivodship and the Spatial Development Plan for the Warsaw Metropolitan Area. The two basic documents that define the conditions, goals and directions of spatial development of the region and the Warsaw Metropolitan Area.
The Spatial Planning Unit is also responsible for: monitoring the implementation of the regional spatial development plan and evaluating its validity, preparing studies and analyses in the field of spatial planning as well as preparing opinions, agreements and decisions concerning investments and local spatial planning documents defined by national law.
The Spatial Planning Unit has participated in several European projects: QULAIR (ARC), Nodus (URBACT II), Intra Policentricity (Metrex) and cooperates with foreign spatial planning institutions.
Participation in Projects:
- Airport Regions Conference (ARC is an association of European regional and local authorities with an international airport situated within or near their territories)
- D-Air– low - carbon airport areas (under Interreg IV C),
- QLAIR (ARC), Civitas.Net (URBACT),
- NODUS (URBACT II),
- Intra Policentricity (Metrex)
- Rail Baltica Growth Corridor – Baltic Rail - Growth Corridor (within the Baltic Sea Region Programme 2007-2013)